I flew down to Arizona about a week and a half ahead of the wedding. My dad has been remodeling his house and the carpeting was finally layed on the morning my kids and I arrived. I spent most of my time in Arizona moving in furniture, unpacking boxes, organizing cupboards and throwing out junk. If I wasn't doing that then I was in the water. We swam in Dave's pool a few times - his new hot tub was great. At first I was sure I wouldn't use it - I mean it was Aug. in AZ. But as the sun went down, the pool got a little chilly and it was actually nice to get in the warmer water. We also went up to our family's cabin at Apache Lake for Labor Day. Russ drove down from Utah on Saturday with Taylor and they spent the remainder of the time with us at the cabin. Every night we were there we experienced monsoon thunderstorms with lots of lightening. During the day we had lots of sun and warm smooth water and had a blast skiing, wake boarding and tubing. Maili learned how to knee board - the little dare devil! She was so proud of herself. Bryton had a lot of fun inner tubing with my brother Ryan. I kept asking Thyse to go on the tube with me but he would quickly reply "NO! Too scary!" - he is only 2. I love the lake! I wish we lived closer. I actually enjoyed the 100 degree plus weather. Now that I'm back in Utah its been cold and rainy. I want more summer! I am sooooo not ready for winter.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Dad's Wedding
I flew down to Arizona about a week and a half ahead of the wedding. My dad has been remodeling his house and the carpeting was finally layed on the morning my kids and I arrived. I spent most of my time in Arizona moving in furniture, unpacking boxes, organizing cupboards and throwing out junk. If I wasn't doing that then I was in the water. We swam in Dave's pool a few times - his new hot tub was great. At first I was sure I wouldn't use it - I mean it was Aug. in AZ. But as the sun went down, the pool got a little chilly and it was actually nice to get in the warmer water. We also went up to our family's cabin at Apache Lake for Labor Day. Russ drove down from Utah on Saturday with Taylor and they spent the remainder of the time with us at the cabin. Every night we were there we experienced monsoon thunderstorms with lots of lightening. During the day we had lots of sun and warm smooth water and had a blast skiing, wake boarding and tubing. Maili learned how to knee board - the little dare devil! She was so proud of herself. Bryton had a lot of fun inner tubing with my brother Ryan. I kept asking Thyse to go on the tube with me but he would quickly reply "NO! Too scary!" - he is only 2. I love the lake! I wish we lived closer. I actually enjoyed the 100 degree plus weather. Now that I'm back in Utah its been cold and rainy. I want more summer! I am sooooo not ready for winter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment