Saturday, October 25, 2008

2008 Pumpkin Run

We ran the 5 mile Pumpkin Run today. I finished 3rd overall for the women and also 3rd in my age group. Russ finished 3rd in his age group and beat me by about 2 minutes. But I did run the race in just under 39 minutes which means I broke my 8 min/mile goal. The clocking wasn't high tech so I just had to go by my stop watch that I started 20 seconds late. Riverton City will post my official time on Monday. I did however pass up and beat Mike Bradshaw (who was on my Wasatch Back team) and David Roth! Two guys who live near me and are doing the IRON MAN next year. I think they were taking it easy but I still felt pretty good about myself.
I kinda forced Russ to run this race with me - his first ever - so I would know he was serious about joining my team for Wasatch Back 2009. He rocked it, so I guess I'll have to find a spot for him!
Has anyone ever been to a race where they serve Little Ceaser's at the finish line? All the teenage cross country super speedy kids were chowing down right away. At first it sounded so awful but after standing around waiting for the awards for 30 minutes it started to smell so good.....luckily I resisted.
Did everyone notice that my ribbon is bigger?

1 comment:

  1. Dang... you guys are amazing. I thought Russ had cooled off in his old age (heheh) but I guess not!

    Cool blog - thanks for sharing, guys!

    ReplyDelete