At the party the kids had to complete several training courses in agility, strength, crime fighting, acurracy, etc. The one that seemed to be the kids favorite surprised me - they all seemed really into the Self Defense lesson I gave them, which was basically just all the moves I do at kick boxing at the gym. I'm including the video clip so you can see just how into it the kids were. I think agility was the second favorite. We had set up 3 sleeping bags hanging by ropes from the rafters in our unfinished basement. The kids had to run through an obstacle course of swinging sleeping bags, then beat-up my punching bag, grab a baby doll to save and run back through the course again without getting hit by the sleeping bags. They had a blast at this and could have done it forever.
This was a fun party to throw. Its a good thing they only have birthdays once a year. Here's one Last clip of Bryton blowing out his candles.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Super Hero Training
In less than 6 hours Bryton will be 5 years old! He was born at 12:15 in the morning. Bryton wanted a SUPER HERO TRAINING PARTY this year...so being the creative mom that I am I got online and stole some really great party ideas from another faceless mom out there in cyber space so I could throw my son a killer birthday party. Here are the invites we sent out in manilla envelopes that said "TOP SECRET"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Leave it to you Marci to make the kids particiipate in a gym class before they eat cake.
ReplyDeletejk! The kids loved it! Thanks for throwing a great party.
Oh, man, Marci. I wish I could have been there. It sounds like it was amazingly well done. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYou are brave to have that many kids there! I think I counted maybe 15 in the video. Carter had a spy party this year. Dennon did an obstacle course spy training session with them, and they loved it. It's so funny how into that kind of stuff kids get. Glad you guys had fun!
ReplyDeleteHey Marci,
ReplyDeleteIt has been a LONG time since I've seen you! Your hair is way short and way cute! It's fun reading your blog, thanks for sending it to me. You are so creative! I'll see you soon.
-Missy
Wow you really are super Mom-- I can't believe how many kids you had too. I just steal ideas from tipJunkie-- one of my favorite blogs
ReplyDelete