Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat

Halloween is over and I’m still mourning the loss of summer. I do like fall with the falling leaves and crisp cool air – but can’t we have all that and still have 70 degree weather? I’m still an AZ girl at heart. Well this Halloween my wish came true. The last week has been in the 70’s! Highly unusual for the Salt Lake City area. Shorts were still being worn! You could actually see the kids costumes as they came trick or treating last night. – no big coats covering them up! Since it was so warm I decided I would take the kids door to door this year. Russ has taken them the past two years, which have been freezing cold. The last time I went with my kids was when my parents flew in for Halloween and my mom and dad walked around with me. I missed having my mom with me to gush over their cute costumes…although almost everyone we ran into tonight loved Thyse as a chicken - a lot of them thought he was a girl though.
My kids are moving much more quickly than they did three years ago. We (I mean they) took in quite the haul. And the one who couldn’t get enough was Thyse! At about 8:10 I tried to call it quits – “ok guys last house!” “No MOM! MORE!” I think he had so much energy left because he didn’t have to walk from house to house or climb then ten million stairs up to the front doors that we have in our neighborhood. I got my second workout of the day lugging my 30 lb “baby” up and down hills and stairs. Bryton even woke up in the middle of the night complaining of his legs aching.
Ok – so where does everyone stand on the whole candy issue? As a kid I used to still have Halloween candy on Christmas Day. I challenged my kids to see if they could make theirs last that long. But secretly I hope they eat it ALL in the next few days! I hate having the wrappers everywhere, I hate the sticky fingers and even worse the finger prints. I hate all the whining and nagging that I hear when I try to control it and fighting over who ate who’s candy, but most of all I hate all of the candy I end up eating myself. So I think, discretely, I will encourage my kids to get rid of all that candy as quickly as possible!

1 comment:

  1. How come you never told me you have a blog? Cute costumes!

    ReplyDelete