This past month we have been working on reading The Twits by Roald Dahl. Maili read it to me each night for her reading time and then I read it to Bryton after that. Its such a great book for this age - full of funny kid humor. Mr. and Mrs. Twit constantly play mean tricks on each other. Like Mrs. Twit feeding her husband spaghetti with worms mixed in with the noodles. The kids really enjoyed the book and would often stop to wonder how in the children's theater was going to recreate some of the scenes from the book.
Michlle Taft and her family also read the book and came with us to the play. Everything is always more fun with a friend to enjoy it with. I made my kids dress up for our afternoon at the "theater." Don't you hate it when you get dressed up for a special night out and a play at the Capitol Theater and you get there and everyone is in jeans? I know its just the children's theater but I'm trying to teach my kids early to appreciate the arts by dressing nicely.
I guess there is no natural posing at this age.
This is Mr. and Mrs. Twit and Mr. Mugglewhump the monkey. I was trying to get Maili to kiss Mr. Twit on the nose or Bryton to try to eat some of the food from his beard but they were too shy.


How fun! I'm glad you had a good time.
ReplyDeleteI'm dying---you're such a cute mom!! how fun!!!!! and your kids are so cute!!!! what a fun book, for sure!
ReplyDeletek, I'm also dying over the toasty bear--and that you actually took the time to link back pics of it on my blog!! Please tell me you still have the bear!! that's so funny, well not really for mr. bear, but that your kids totally put it in the oven!! there needs to be some sort of detection thing inside ovens so people don't burn and melt stuff that isn't supposed to be [wait, no one want's burnt stuff!!] !! :D
I hear you--if you can't dress up for the theater, when can you? I always do and I hate that everyone here is in jeans too. I wear jeans all the time, people, when I actually get to go out I want to wear something better! Good for you for teaching your kids young--I bet your mom approves! :)
ReplyDelete