Friday, January 16, 2009

Potty Training

This Christmas each of my kids got a book like this in their stockings.



Shortly after Christmas I decided that I needed to get more serious about potty training Thyse. Back in September he was telling me each time he had to go #2. I went for about 2 weeks without changing a poopy diaper.....but then came the 2 week long trip to AZ for my dad's wedding and all that went out the window. Now it was time to get back on track. We started out rewarding Thyse with a sticker every time he went on the toilet. But I wasn't very prepared for this reward and didn't have many stickers on hand. Somehow stickers soon turned into getting a tattoo as a reward for each successful potty attempt.

I tried so hard here to make sure his arm was strategically placed!

Thyse still never tells me when he needs to go but he is very good at going on Que. I put him on the toilet a lot to practice and to avoid as many #2 diapers a possible. He is now covered in tattoos. This picture is a little out-dated now - we've added several more.


I had to document this. Later in life, if Thyse is covered in real tattoos, and feels the strange need to get a new one for every big accomplishment in his life, I guess he can be justified in blaming his mother for teaching him this reward system.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I need a plan like that for Jace. Potty training him is a joke. He has no interest whatsoever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO funny!!! I dread potty training!! how old is thyse? he's so cute! good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are potty training Tucker right now so we can send him to preschool. For prizes he gets m&ms for going pee and a hot wheels car for going poo. He is doing really good. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete