Russ added a few of his answers in red.
1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper - but I am a bare-bones type of wrapper. Too un-crafty for bows or fanciness.
If Marci is un-crafty, there is no hope for me. She won't let me touch the wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or artificial? I've only ever had 2 real trees - one of which we planted in our yard.
Artificial - so much better to have the lights already strung.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually on Black Friday after we get home from shopping and I'm exhausted and grumpy.
4. When do you take the tree down? Since I keep having children younger than age 4, I have to take the tree down the day after Christmas because I can't stand it anymore!
5. Do you like eggnog? What's up with all these people who don't like eggnog. It's a holiday must!
I love it, but I dilute mine with milk.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Ping Pong Table.
For some reason I always think back to a yellow sleeping bag when I was about 6.
7. Hardest person to buy for? It used to be my mom - very picky.
8. Easiest person to buy for? duh ---ME! I always know exactly what I want for Christmas.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? email - Russ wouldn't have it any other way. One of his core beliefs is that paper should rarely be used.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? a 22 shotgun from my dad.
Let's see there are so many... The Sega that I never got.. (Although I did get a nintendo the next year.) The carpet I was promised when I was a teenager that I never redeemed, The workbench that I was promised but never redeemed, the cherry tree that we were promised but never redeemed, or the gift exchange that was never exchanged. I guess I need to actually redeem my gifts.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I hate re-watching movies so all these yearly repeated movies drive me crazy.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Around Thanksgiving, but this year a little earlier.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Just for the white elephant we have every year with Russ' family.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I bake and eat like crazy at Christmas.
16. Lights on the tree? Who doesn't do this???? Our tree spins so they twinkle better.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oi to the World by No Doubt video link
An Elf's Lament - Barenaked Ladies video link
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I've done both. Christmas in AZ is great but its hard to get all the gifts there now days.
Traveling on Christmas day can actually be really good. You can open your presents in the morning and then head to the airport and fly standby because there are more open seats. And then do Christmas all over again in AZ.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Easily.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star - I searched forever for the perfect star for our tree when we got married.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning - I'm not from Norway or Sweden or wherever it is that they do that.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The snow ---or maybe the cold. You can't even go play with cool new presents like bikes, skates, etc. Christmas in AZ (or CA) is WAY better.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Themed trees are lame. Its supposed to be a random collection of ornaments acquired through the years. Its all about the memories - not themes or coordination.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Just lots of food.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A bike so I can do a triathlon next summer but whats the point of getting it now - see #22.
I'm too cheap to let anyone shop for me with "my" own money.
26. Who do you tag? Anyone who reads this.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Christmas Survey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


LOL about themed trees ( I TOTALLY agree) and having a CA or AZ Christmas is way better then a snowy Utah one!!!!
ReplyDelete