This is our third time taking advantage of it this year and finally we were prepared enough to take some pictures. Maili and Bryton are able to ski on their own pretty well. Bryton still needs to be reminded that he needs to turn. Thyse is doing well but we are only taking him between our knees. It started to snow as we went up the Canyon and there was a couple inches of fresh snow. Once we arrived there and got the kids gear on we realized that we had forgotten to bring Thyse' coat! (Not really an essential for skiing right?) Luckily the ski school has a bunch of "loaner" coats they let us borrow for him - hence his really cool colorful coat.
Marci's brother Taylor and his girlfriend Ashley also met us up there so they could see how good Maili and Bryton have become.
Having our entire family on the slopes together has been a dream of ours since Maili started skiing 4 years ago! Today we even trusted Maili enough to ride the chair lift up all on her own. I was so scared she was going to goof around and slip off.

On the way back we stopped at Five Guys Burger and Fries. (Good food! - and really crazy crowded) Marci took Maili and Bryton into the restaurant to wait in line while I put Thyse’s shoes on.
As I put on Thyse's shoes, I felt my truck move just a little bit and I looked up to see a Tahoe driving into my truck. I walked over to that side of the car to see the damage. It was minor. The guy got out of his truck after pulling into his spot and said, “Has no one ever seen a guy park a car before?”
“Excuse me sir, you just hit my truck.”
“I did not. I would know if I hit your truck.”
“Sir, You hit my truck. I felt it move and you did this right here...” pointing to the scratch.
He responded with a profanity laden tirade. I told him I’m going to take down his info. He told me I better call the cops now or else it won’t matter. He went into the restaurant, and I called the cops. The cops showed up, looked at the damage on my car and noticed that there was also damage to my tire and to the front of his bumper. They asked me to identify him in the restaurant then they pulled him out of line and got his side of the story. He went off on them in the same way that he went off on me, calling them liars and such.
So the police had us exchange info and they filed their report.
When the police were done with their thing, the kids were done eating. So I got to eat my burger and fries at home. And then call the insurance company…
My brother-in-law Taylor was actually waiting for the same parking spot that the Tahoe took and also witnessed the accident.

Thyse and I were both still in our snow pants at the restaurant - lame I know. I learned a random lesson: Its not easy to hold a wiggly toddler still when you are both wearing very slippery pants. It didn't take Thyse long to realize he could easily slide away from me no matter how tightly I tried to hold him.
ReplyDeleteWow--I can't believe your little kids can ski! Of course, that might not amaze me so much if I myself, could actually ski. :)
ReplyDeleteAre you actually going to get the scratch fixed? It almost seems worth it just to make your point to that psycho guy. But, then, you don't have your car for a while. . .
And Taylor has a girlfriend! I still think of him as being about 6 years old!
Oh, I hope Taylor doesn't read that--I mean it the nicest way possible! He doesn't actually seem 6 when I'm around him in real life! :) I just forget that everyone else keeps growing up too.
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures of you guys skiing. AND I am totally dying over that story of the guy hitting your car. He sounds like a jerk!
ReplyDelete