Sunday, March 22, 2009

Independence of the Seas


This is our ship INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS as it was docked in Puerto Rico. It is still in its first year of operation. Our cruise was its 37th voyage. There was so much to do on this ship - it was incredible. I spent all day of every day in my swim suit. I don't know why I even packed regular clothes. All I wore were the things I brought to throw on over my suit. I was also pleasantly surprised that we didn't have to pay extra for any of the activities! So we tried all the things the ship had to offer.

Here are a few of the ships pools.




This is the kiddie pool. Complete with a small lazy river.


There was an ice rink which featured an ice show one night and skating whenever there wasn't a show.
We loved the rock wall. Russ was incredibly fast - until he hit a loose grip.

There was also a FlowRider (a simulated surfing wave maker) on board and a minture golf course, both of which we did as well.

They had a Johnny Rockets on board. The hamburgers were great. It was interesting to see the foreign waiters dancing to all the 50's music and being a part of American nostalgia.






This is the Main Street area of the ship. It was designed as a a shopping/restaurant area of the ship. Below is the Pizza restaurant which was basically right outside our door. Free pizza, bread sticks and yummy cookies from noon-3 am is hard to resist.



Farther down the street was Ben&Jerry's - luckily, this cost extra so we never got any.


This was the Coffee Shop on the Main Street. Specialties coffees were extra but all the desserts in the display were free - and it was open 24 hours a day!




1 comment:

  1. OH this makes me want to go on a cruise so bad!! I haven't been for over 10 years and it looks like things are even that much more awesome!! I'm so glad you had a good time. In a few years (maybe my 15th anniversary...) I will have to book one!

    ReplyDelete