Monday, March 23, 2009

San Juan, Puerto Rico

It rained and we had 80 km per hour winds our first day at sea. We tried laying around the pool in the morning but the weather was too bad after that. Our second day we came to our first port in Puerto Rico. It was overcast and still a little windy but not too cold. We went on a tour of the city for an hour and then explored the forts that used to protect the country. There weren't really any good beaches to hit in San Juan anyway so it was a good day for a little clouds.
This is the view as you come into port.


An old cemetery just outside the fort





3 comments:

  1. I was scrolling through and thought that place looks so familiar- Oh wait I was there last year. Feels like forever though. You just didn't GET to see the good beaches but I promise they are there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree that we did not see much of Puerto Rico. Did you go on a cruise there or did you stay longer and get to explore more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok that comment was from me - not my daughter Maili

    ReplyDelete