View Larger Map
Labadee is a private beach that the cruise line owns. It is off the coast of Haiti. Other than the little resort area that Royal Caribbean built, there is no running water or electricity on the island for all of the residents. They are in the process of building a dock for a cruise ship but for this trip our ship was tendered at this port. One of the excursions I wish we had spent the big bucks on was the Jet Ski tour of the area - you can see all the jet skiers around the ship in this photo.
Every activity on this island was sponsored by Royal Caribbean which means you payed a lot for it. I really wished I had my kids with me here so I wouldn't feel like too big of a dork to enter the inflatable play area they had set up - it was $$$ - so without kids to help us enjoy it we passed.
If you look through the trees you can see our ship in the background on this one.

I want to go on a cruise! That looks like an awesome trip. I can't believe you even started it with a run! It's a good way to be ready with your bikini bod!
ReplyDelete